What we do
We provide honest, practical advice to property owners, developers, community groups, planning authorities, regulators, industry associations and all levels of government.
Talk to ERA about:
- working with community groups and stakeholders to ensure their voices are heard
- researching, analysing and identifying trends about the way we live, work and play, and
- providing advice on development opportunities and the best locations.
We guide your development project through planning and environmental approvals.
From substantial, complex projects to small-scale residential projects, ERA works with you across our cities, suburbs and towns, on the coast, in the bush and out on the land.
Talk to us about:
- building shared outcomes by engaging with the community and stakeholders
- creating master plans, structure plans and precinct plans
- establishing a framework to better our places and protect what we value most
- assessing bushfire risk for development and plan mitigation and emergency management measures
- reconciling protection of environmental values with new developments, and
- identifying ecological values, regulatory requirements and management measures.
The ERA origin story
ERA opened its doors 10 years ago. For our Director Emma Riley, ERA brought to life her vision of creating a collaborative community of planning and environmental professionals with the talent and skills to thoughtfully shape the places we live and work, contribute to better outcomes and help people achieve their own ambitious goals.
Today, ERA’s team of 12 practitioners has a solid reputation for innovation, independence, reliability and professional integrity.
The ERA team has taken on some of Tasmania’s most challenging, sensitive and high-profile planning and environmental projects. Read more about our some of our projects.
Key to ERA’s creativity and success is our ability to connect with the ‘coal face’ of planning in Tasmania by continuing to work on a wide variety of projects both big and small.
We are trustworthy
ERA’s honesty provides certainty.
Our clients can rely on us to do what we say we’ll do, when we say we’ll do it.
And our robust internal systems mean clients are confident their privacy and confidentiality are protected.
We are independent and we work with integrity
ERA follows through on its commitments.
That’s why clients know they can rely on us, and why regulators and community members have confidence in our work.
We are good listeners
We hear what you say and never stop listening.
We know engagement with stakeholders and the community is critical to successful projects in the planning and environmental sector.
By listening before we plan and continuing to listen as we get to work, clients, communities and stakeholders know they can depend on ERA to maintain open and constructive dialogue.
We are collaborative
ERA draws on the shared, collective experience of people from all walks of life to get the best outcomes for our clients and the places we love.
Collaboration is key to successful planning and we remain open to clients, community and other experts, bringing rigour and depth to our approaches and solutions.
We value our people
The collective experience of ERA’s team of practitioners adds immense value to all the work we do.