Lady GowrieSouth Hobart
ERA were engaged to work collaboratively with a team of architects and prepare a development application of an integrated early childhood centre (birth-5 years) that involved the provision of all programs and services into the one facility, which included:
- Long day care facility including respite care for vulnerable families;
- Provision of support services for families with children who are experiencing challenges with parenting and social issues;
- Child Health Care Services such as immunisation and external allied health professionals and the implementation of community health projects;
- Training facilities for existing and new entrants to the early childhood education and care profession and allied health professionals;
- The works required to facilitate the above was for the demolition of part of the existing building and the construction of a two storey extension that included mixture of indoor areas, outdoor play areas, a roof top garden and mezzanine areas overlooking void areas.
The site included a number of constraints and relied upon a significant number of discretions under the planning scheme to obtain approval. This included being located in a residential zone, the site being contaminated and the site being capable of only providing a minimal number of parking spaces on site. ERA were required to review sub consultants reports involved in the project including site decontamination and traffic impact assessment and ensure consistency with both the planning scheme requirements and the architectural/site development plan. ERA were successful in obtaining the planning permit with the centre close to being fully operational.